The Jay Union wheelchair cushion can generally be categorized
due to its pressure-distributing fluid-filled pouch component.
A Jay Union cushion's fluid layer; however, is not a user-servicable component like those found in other gel/fluid cushions made by this manufacturer.
Sunrise Medical—the manufacturer of this product—specifies this cushion as follows.
Sunrise Medical uses the silver-coated, anti-microbial "X-static" fiber
in the outer cover of its Union cushion.
A water-resistant inner cover, together with an Aquaguard zipper, help to protect the interior components of the Jay Union.
A Jay Union cushion can be modified to exhibit the following customizations:
- [$25] The embroidery of 32 or fewer characters onto the cushion's outer cover
- ( Embroidery color options include: Orange, Pink, Purple, Royal Blue, Red, Toxic Green, Green Forest, Gray, White, Black )
- ( Embroidery font options include: 3D Block, Allegra Script, Animals, Arial Bold 5mm, Athletic Bean, Avante, Avante 5mm, Bank 4mm, Birdhouse, Block, Block 2 Compact Light, Block 4mm, Block New, Bold Block, Bolero, Borders, Brantford, Brush 6mm, Brush 8mm, Brush Script, Cin Block, Cin Italic, Compact, Condensed Serif, Custom Script, Da Vinci, Designer, Diana Script, Eclat, Egypt, Euroserif, Eurostyle, Floral 2, Franklin Bold, Frost Script, Full Block 2, German Block, Goudy Bold, Goudy Bold New, Goudy Light, Government, Hobo, Homely, Industrial Script, John Handy, Key Block, Madison, Manila Script, Meadowvale Brush, Model Block, Monogram 2, Nautical, Occupations, Old English, Oriental, Prestige Script, Roman Italic, Russ Times, Script, Script 2, Script 5mm, Select Script, Signature Script, Small Block, Souvenir 5mm, Sports, Staccato, Staccato 7mm, Stencil, Symbols, Tradition Script, Two Cold Western, Two Color Bridge, Two Color Script, Typewritter, Vertical Script, Viking, Zap )
[$25] Lateral support (* this option has been discontinued by the manufacturer *)
- [$0] Bottom seat-base notches that can accommodate a wheelchair's seat rails
- [$0] Back seat-base notches that can accomodate a wheelchair's canes
- [$25] An anterior (higher back) or posterior (higher front) slope modification that can be ordered in approximately 0.5 inch height increments up to a maximum height of 1.5 inches
When Jay Union cushion modifications are desired,
select the desired customizations (above),
and call or email the associated modification details to Wheelchair Cushion Sage
(for example; the slope details, the embroidery text, etc.).
The email address may be found in the upper right portion of the "Non-Cushion Stuff" web page.